View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #10
kansjfr

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
I was looking for the best deal on a '13 2SS when I learned about the 1LE option and read the road tests. I priced many within a 300 mile radius of here, and it was all about the same: invoice price less the $1k rebate. When I finally sold my '08 Roush Stage 3 427R, I was ready to pull the trigger, but it was like they all sold in the two week period between the time I was looking and the time I was ready to buy. My local dealer tried to do a dealer trade with another dealer who had 3 of the 1LEs, but said they wouldn't trade them, even when my dealer offered them a new ZL1, so I placed an order for a summit white one. Then a couple of days later my dealer called and told me that the other dealer would trade. I got a Victory Red 1LE 2SS RS with nav, sunroof, dual mode exhaust, and am very glad I didn't have to wait to see if my order got processed, for allocation, delays, shipping, etc. I did think it was strange that the supply dried up in the two weeks it took to sell my other car. Again I'm thankful and appreciative of the car, and thanks to this forum, I saved another $1k due to the famous private offer.
kansjfr is offline   Reply With Quote