View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
Quackaddict

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Black on Black
My experience becoming an new owner

Well figured I would post this up. I never really got into camaro's until they stopped making them. Then I heard all the hype about them but I really wanted a Challenger. I have never really looking at the HEMI or the LS motors so I had to look at V6's. I know alot of car dealers from work and on Tuesday I got a call from my guy over at Vandergriff in Arlington. They had 2on the showroom floor that they could sell. 1 was an V6/RS package did I want it.
I got down there around 8pm and loved it. We did all the paperwork and because I know some will ask. They did add a $3K over sticker. I was not going to pay it and was not happy about it. However I had my truck appraised by 3 other dealerships and Vandergriff gave me 2K more for my trade and they came another 500 off the price so I paid 500 over sticker and I was cool with that. I am an impatient person so worth it to me.
Long middle story but there was a hang up and I thought they sold it before my financing came through so I went to a horrible dealership and test drove a V6 Challenger. After driving it for a day I just dcided that it sucked and I wanted the camaro especially with 54 fewer ponies it really lagged horrible. Well on Friday I got a call that I could get the black one if I wanted it the other deal fell through so I signed on it and have had it all weekend and it rocks.
I actually feel kind of wierd because I found this site and all these people have been waiting months and don't know when they will get their car and I just kind of happened upon one and got it 3 days afer I first saw it. But Joe Martinez @ Vandergriff took care of me and they seem to have had at least 1 camaro they could sell right now. They had a gray one on Tuesday and just got a 2SS Orange one in on Friday.
Quackaddict is offline   Reply With Quote