View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
xX_BLACK_INFERNO_Xx

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
I just ordered my DIY side marker kit for $99.99 from Xtremeledsonline.com. From what I have seen its a pretty good kit and if you have the time and don't feel like spending $350+ on a set, this is defininitely a great alternative.

There are 2 red 40 count LED arrays, 2 amber 40 count arrays. The only cutting you'll have to do is on the marker lights. If you don't feel comfortable opening your factory marker lights there are tons of aftermarket pairs on ebay for like $25-$30 plus you could get smoked or clear ones, do a vinyl wrap on it, cut out where the lights are, and BAM! Looks just as good as some of the others but WAAYYY cheaper. I'll be posing a DIY when I get the kit in case there isn't one already. Oh another big thing is they're American made and manufactured and they have a lifetime warranty against LED failure.

Here's a pic from their website. Kind of a preview of whats to come...

EDIT: I'm also going to try my hand at ghosting the marker lights with paint (I bought clear aftermarket lenses). It should be interesting to say the least. If anyone is interested I can do a DIY on it once I get it figured out. I'm fairly certain that you just thin out the color with a clearcoat and layer it.
Attached Images

Last edited by xX_BLACK_INFERNO_Xx; 05-21-2013 at 09:44 AM.
xX_BLACK_INFERNO_Xx is offline   Reply With Quote