View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #22
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Originally Posted by BDBiker View Post
My '02 got drizzled on 2 times in the 10 years that I had it. I never drove it in the rain the entire time I had it and the engine bay looked like it had just came off the assembly line when I sold it. The guy that bought it said that I must have spent a lot of time detailing the engine compartment for it to look that good, and I told him that I had never driven the car in the rain and never detailed the engine compartment. I really enjoyed that car but when I sold it I realized that a lot of time that I could have enjoyed driving it was missed because I didn't want to take the chance of it getting any rain on it. I am the same way with my bikes.
I have promised myself that when the '13 gets here, that I am going to enjoy it more and not be so anal about keeping it immaculate like I did the last one. I also have a '98 Twin Turbo Supra I bought new for my wife that would past for showroom condition today, doesn't have 70K miles yet.

In short, I know where you are coming from, but I think we cheat ourselves out of some of the fun that our toys could give us if we were not so anal about perfection.
Excellent points. Thanks for a great post! Puts things in perspective.
2013 ZL1 Black Convertible
2002 Rally Red Camaro Z28 Convertible 35th Anniversary Edition
2008 Hummer H2 Ultra Marine Edition
Asanti is offline   Reply With Quote