View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 07:45 AM   #1
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Cool Transmissions: And Now For Something Completely Different!

I've noticed that the transmission threads here are redundant and repetitive, redundantly repeating over and over and over and over, like Stewie saying "Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mama! Mama! Mama! Mama! Ma! Ma! Ma! Ma!" until Lois snaps, like a%^!ou&qo!@jg^n-0

Sorry, sorry, the folks responsibile for that have been sacked...

I noticed nobody has mentioned the CVT. That's probably because it would be a terrible choice for the Camaro. So, here's The Big Poll (hey Beavis, he said "Big Pole")...

CVT: Continuously Variable Transmission - no gears, just go.

SMT: Manual tranmission operated by a computer except when the driver takes control

DSG: Two SMTs, one with odd-numbered gears, one with even; the computer pre-shifts the inactive one and is ready to dump the clutch within a few milliseconds of the active one being declutched.

Traditional automatic: The auto we all know and love, with its torque converter and such.

Manual: The manual trannsmission we all know and love, with it's clutch pedal that's fun except when it's annoying.

Paddle shifters: Mounted on the steering wheel.

"+/-" buttons on the stick: Require you to remove your hand from the steering wheel, but no chance of accidentally bumping them while steering

"+/-" positions for the shifter: A little more fun than buttons on the stick.

Not yet invented manual-shift-gate style H pattern for SMT/DSG/Auto: Ought to be fun and allow you to go straight to the gear you want.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote