View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #16
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Hello Arno,

First off I just want to say I'm not trying to argue of course...I know your a good guy and great at what you do!

I am just confused about the drivetrain loss figures.

Please take a look at this thread. It is a sticky thread which lists dyno numbers for V6s (stock and modified) on this website.

For this purpose, please look at the stock chart.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153186

Now I can't show you a dyno reading of power at the flywheel, as I have never seen one before. But if you notice, every one of these cars is showing around 18% or greater loss at the wheels if you assume stock has 312 HP (which is what it is advertised to be for 2010 and 2011 models) So unless the car actually does not make 312 HP at the flywheel, OR every single dyno is reading lower than actual output (doubtful), I don't see how the drivetrain loss (which to me includes the transmission, driveshaft, rear axle, wheels,tires, etc.) can be less than what the chart is showing.

Again, not trying to argue. Just showing you what we are used to seeing here. It has been said that as a rule of thumb, manuals tend to show 15% loss and autos tend to show 20%.

So are you saying that much of the loss shown on these graphs is due to the dyno rollers themselves, and NOT because of drivetrain loss??
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote