View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 03:38 AM   #113
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
I don't hate change. In fact, I like change...for the better. I just hate things that are poorly engineered, don't work, and are not a help. In addition, if I want my cars to drive for me, I would get automatics. At the minimum, so called "helpers" should be user selectable.

I don't see the Corvette with this.

When I see stuff like this, and gauges you can't even see past the steering wheel or shifter, I have to wonder who is running the Camaro show over there. We're talking driving basics here.

Michael
I will say I was disappointed about the 1SS cars not having the gauge pack until I sat in a car and could not see them, so I get your point. As far as the HSA goes, it seems to effect some folks more than others, so certain driving styles are going to almost never bring conflict. As dropspeed said, his throttle / clutch transition led to no problems with HSA. Others have either stalled the car or done a mini burnout. The same seems to go for the skip shift feature. As I mentioned above, unless it is drastically different than what was on the WS-6, I will hardly even notice it is there. My driving style very, very seldom ever caused it to engage on the old car, and I drove it for over 10 years.

I really look forward to trying these "helpers" and seeing if their benefits (HSA - reduced clutch wear when taking off on a steep hill, and increases fuel economy with skip shift) are outweighed by their annoyance.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote