View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #2655
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Looks good Looking forward to hearing about your impression of them performance-wise.Did you add the SS brake lines too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmaro View Post
Looks like he did in that last pic. Aesthetically, those rotors look awesome! Curious as to your opinion regarding the rotors performance too. I ended up getting DBa's myself.
Yep, the Goodridge ones - funny enough though, I was missing a copper washer from the kit. Another member had the same problem like a week ago and everybody kept telling him he must have lost it. It worked out though, Tim had a bunch lying around so it didn't really delay anything.

The rotors are freaking awesome - though I do wish I had used them with the stock pads (that way I could see what an improvement just the rotors were), but I'm glad I did it all at once. I don't think I ever realized how "squishy" the stock rubber brake lines were until now. I can stomp on the brakes and it's just constant pressure all the way down.

Kaylee can literally stop on a dime now. I've noticed that I'm starting to play "chicken" with red lights - seeing how long I can wait before I need to hit the brakes and still stop before the line. It's a lot of fun. I need to find a HPDE near me so I can really enjoy these things.

Luckily I live kind of out in the boonies, so I get to enjoy windy backroads on my way to/from work every day. You wouldn't think that changing out rotors would improve handling - but it does. Which makes sense when you think about how much weight these rotors save over the stock ones. It's like Kaylee's a whole new car.

Honestly, you couldn't pay me to go back to the stock rotors now.