View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #15
Dropspeed
Fun Time!

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
Thanks for the review, I've been waiting for someone to post their impressions of the 1LE. I've been tracking a GT3 for the last couple of years and keep looking at the 1LE wondering if I would be happy with it, sounds like I may not be based your observations.
Don't get me wrong, I am not disappointing in anyway with how my 1LE performed for the cost. It is well sorted and does everything it is suppose to do. If it was a GT3/Viper/ZL1/Z06/458 I would have expected more, but that "more" comes with a price. With everything I look for ways to improve it and was trying to note that above.

You are trying to compare a 3,050lb car to a 3850lb car. It is going to feel WAY different, but you may be surprised at how well the 1LE does. Just looking at the prices online today a 10 year old 996TT is going for the same price as a brand new 1LE (give or take) and a 996 GT3 is going for more than a new ZL1 (and much higher) but both Camaro come with a 5yr/100K drive line warranty. Again, the GT3 is sooooo different than a Camaro that I suggest you drive one on the street and you will know right away if you like it or not as the differences in feel will be apparent right from the get-go.

Now, maintenance and OEM parts and aftermarket parts are waaayyyy less expensive for a GM vehicle than a Porsche so that may be an advantage for you. Take one for a test drive....you will either love it or hate it.

-Matt