View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #94
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerNtexas View Post
SIDE BAR. Granatelli took my checks all the way up until the final payment prior to shipping. Then I paid with a cashiers check which made sense. That is how I would have done business so when SSE 4 2SS seems offended that Granatelli would not take his check - it seems like a smart business move and should not be taken personal IMO.
I'm glad your happy...

Now, and this is a rhetorical (for conversational purposes) question...

If I was transacting something with you, under less than ideal circumstances (like you are trapped 1000 miles from home with a broken car, which had only recently been completed at a sum of tens of thousands of dollars) and your wife was standing there supporting you as my beautiful wife supports me, and she asked, would you take a check without batting an eyeball over just hearing that the turbo's that cost 1600 retail, which J.R. didn't pay, were going to cost you that much plus more, and I looked at your wife and said... snidely, "no, I prefer plastic"... would that not have pissed you off... If it wouldn't, you either do not care or didn't understand the situation...

J.R. knew we had just spent tens of thousands on this car and we were good for it....

He's lucky I didn't lay him out in the parking lot right then... Fortunately, I have self control and a filter and knew I still needed to get the turbo's and install them...

It's obvious J.R. has rolled out his rolodex and is grasping for help...

J.R. may have offered the other guy defending him a set of brake rotors for his comments... What is he offering you???

I know one of the previous limited number posters is a friend that J.R. goes out to eat with, with their wives...

What's he offering you??? Curious minds want to know...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote