View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
My 2013 Black LS - Starting the Journal! (PIC HEAVY)

Okay, I've had my car just over a month now. I bought it new off of the lot and went with the manual, base 1LS. I did some research on the RS package, and since I didn't like the rims, the "prestige" if you will of having an RS, wasn't worth the extra cost to me.

I know there is more to it than the rims, but with that being the major factor, I knew I was going to get aftermarket rims anyway so decided against it.

This is my first, brand new car. I once had a 1995 Camaro I bought with t-tops, used and had it through high school. I love the car and ended up totalling it by steering away from a deer, hitting center median and snapping my front axle. Repairs cost more than the car, so insurance totaled it.

Bought my first house last June and told myself I'll wait a year (almost made it!) to make sure I have all finances straight before looking at new cars. I looked and looked, and since my work has a partnership with GM, we are enabled to GM Employee Pricing. No negotiation, get what GM employees pay. Deal done and I drove home. I was torn between black and white, but decided I wanted to go with black, despite the PITA in keeping it clean especially in WA as my DD. Nothing is more sexy than a shiny black car. Had I gone with SS, probably would of done something more dramatic (yellow, orange etc).

I will upload some pictures shortly as I am at work, and all pictures are on my phone.

Here is what I have done so far (all cosmetic thus far):

* Painted all exterior emblems black - front bowtie, rear bowtie, Camaros on both sides

* Removed rear bowtie

* Matte Black "Camaro" cutout on rear

* 20" Foose Black Chrome wheels - 10.5 in rear 9" front

* 15% tint all around

* Blue LED dome light

* Blue painted calipers

* Removed fog bezel caps (no fogs standard on 1LS) and installed fog lights

* Painted engine cover and fuse box blue

* Smoke vinyl side markers, reverse lights and tail lights

* OEM Sunroof Installed

* Razzi Body kit - front/sides only. Didn't like rear diffuser

* LEDs for lower cutout in Razzi front

Stuff in the mail as we speak:

* Rockford Fosgate T-300 10" Sub/Amp enclosure - INSTALLED

* Oracle blue footwell lighting - INSTALLED

* Heritage Grill - INSTALLED

* LED's for fog lights to replace halogen bulb - INSTALLED

Up Next (in no particular order)

* Eagle Eye Headlights with HID's

* MRT v2

* CAI Cold Air Intake

* Hurst short throw shifter

5. Strut tower brace

* VMAX PTB

* Interior panel painting

* Engine bay/grill lighting

* NS-1 Carbon Fiber Stripe Kit

Last edited by TwentyTen2SSRS; 06-23-2013 at 12:49 AM.
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote