My 2013 Black LS - Starting the Journal! (PIC HEAVY)
Okay, I've had my car just over a month now. I bought it new off of the lot and went with the manual, base 1LS. I did some research on the RS package, and since I didn't like the rims, the "prestige" if you will of having an RS, wasn't worth the extra cost to me.
I know there is more to it than the rims, but with that being the major factor, I knew I was going to get aftermarket rims anyway so decided against it.
This is my first, brand new car. I once had a 1995 Camaro I bought with t-tops, used and had it through high school. I love the car and ended up totalling it by steering away from a deer, hitting center median and snapping my front axle. Repairs cost more than the car, so insurance totaled it.
Bought my first house last June and told myself I'll wait a year (almost made it!) to make sure I have all finances straight before looking at new cars. I looked and looked, and since my work has a partnership with GM, we are enabled to GM Employee Pricing. No negotiation, get what GM employees pay. Deal done and I drove home. I was torn between black and white, but decided I wanted to go with black, despite the PITA in keeping it clean especially in WA as my DD. Nothing is more sexy than a shiny black car. Had I gone with SS, probably would of done something more dramatic (yellow, orange etc).
I will upload some pictures shortly as I am at work, and all pictures are on my phone.
Here is what I have done so far (all cosmetic thus far):
* Painted all exterior emblems black - front bowtie, rear bowtie, Camaros on both sides
* Removed rear bowtie
* Matte Black "Camaro" cutout on rear
* 20" Foose Black Chrome wheels - 10.5 in rear 9" front
* 15% tint all around
* Blue LED dome light
* Blue painted calipers
* Removed fog bezel caps (no fogs standard on 1LS) and installed fog lights
* Painted engine cover and fuse box blue
* Smoke vinyl side markers, reverse lights and tail lights
* OEM Sunroof Installed
* Razzi Body kit - front/sides only. Didn't like rear diffuser
* LEDs for lower cutout in Razzi front
Stuff in the mail as we speak:
* Rockford Fosgate T-300 10" Sub/Amp enclosure - INSTALLED
* Oracle blue footwell lighting - INSTALLED
* Heritage Grill - INSTALLED
* LED's for fog lights to replace halogen bulb - INSTALLED
Up Next (in no particular order)
* Eagle Eye Headlights with HID's
* MRT v2
* CAI Cold Air Intake
* Hurst short throw shifter
5. Strut tower brace
* VMAX PTB
* Interior panel painting
* Engine bay/grill lighting
* NS-1 Carbon Fiber Stripe Kit
Last edited by TwentyTen2SSRS; 06-23-2013 at 12:49 AM.