View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #15
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLove View Post
Hella great idea. I am new and stumbled across this.

So what if you are new to cars in general. And after test driving all the pretty cars. This girl decided she wanted to learn about her car and she doesn't know all that much and the topic lists you have posted are half like looking at a foreign language? Where to I go for the "dummies guide articles" ?

Thanks!
For the true beginner that knows very little about cars, I often recommend the automotive section of HowStuffWorks.com is a great start. You can find well written articles about just about everything there, with accompanying diagrams/animations. If you already know the basics about cars, sites like wikipedia can fill in a few details rather well.

On the other hand, if you are simply lost in the jargon & TLA's (Three Letter Acronyms) ... there isn't much that I know of that can help. Just keep reading, ask questions, and continue to learn. We were all new here once and it took a while to figure out what some of the stuff meant.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote