View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #61
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
Here's my story about why I got a manual in my car. Before we had 5 kids, my wife and I owned 2 Camaros, a 1969 SS bought used and a 1976 LT bought brand new. Both were manuals. We had to sell the 1976 in 1980 when we started our family because kids and Camaros don't always play well together. So circa 2007 we fall in love with the concept 5th generation Camaro and say to each other, "We HAVE to get one of these when they come out!". Fast forward to summer 2010 and we go to the dealer and take a manual SS for a spin. Felt awesome. I turn to my wife and ask her "Do you think we should test drive an automatic? I read a lot about how they have improved them and you can "fake" like you're shifting manually with them." She turns to me and says "We DON'T buy a Camaro SS without a stick! That's the only way a REAL person should drive a performance vehicle like this. Automatics take all the fun and skill out of driving a car like this." This is from a woman who had not driven a stick in 27 years, and had been riding around in her share of "Mom's taxis" automatics. Obviously we got the manual and never looked back.
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Roto-Fab IBM Engine & Radiator Covers|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

Last edited by kmm1412; 06-02-2013 at 08:17 AM.
kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote