View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #2763
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,930
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Well considering the first thought that went through my head when I saw flames coming out from under the hood was "**** - why didn't I ever install a fire extinguisher." Because I'm willing to bet that if I'd had a fire extinguisher the only things I would have to replace would be the intake manifold, hood, and maybe some of the engine bay wiring - compared to you know, the whole freaking car.

It only takes that 1% of the time you need it that makes lugging it around for the other 99% worth it.
Its like a condom or a gun. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I am so very sorry my friend.

she'll be dearly missed.
Werd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Stopped by the junk yard this morning to sign a vehicle release form so that GEICO can take the car when they are finished looking at her. Snapped some photos (caution: not for the faint of heart).


Thought this was kind of funny. The whole front end of the car is completely burned, but my Plasti-Dipped wheels don't have more than a few scuffs on them. So in case anyone was still wondering if Plasti-Dip was safe to use on your engine cove, I'm going to go with "Yes."


Apparently the towing company doesn't feel comfortable not having a fire extinguisher in my car either.
that'll buff out. hope you can laugh a little about life's misfortunes buddy.



RJ, I've already texted you my thoughts and condolences. Keep your head up man.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote