View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #2768
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Very very severe
The Junkman can probably get her looking like new again right? I mean - he does have his very own YouTube channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Well considering the cost of replacing them, it might be worth it to ship them to Warren and have him look them over. If they're no good he doesn't ship them back and that's that. If they are good that could save you a couple grand on your next project build starting with a 1LE from the insurance money you're going to get. A phoenix just might rise from the ashes out of all this.
That's what I might do Doc. Only thing is, after having talked with insurance I'll get the choice of two options: car's a total loss and GEICO scraps it (i.e. they take Kaylee) or car is deemed totaled and given a salvage title (at which point I could keep her). So the predicament I'm in is is it better to take the salvage title and then remove whatever parts weren't consumed in the fire - possibly getting a better deal then if I took the "GEICO scraps her" deal.

Now the issue is - I don't know if most of the parts are still usable, and I won't know until I am able to ship them off to Warren (or Pete at Pedders for the coilovers). So I'd be rolling the dice - and I'm not really feeling particularly lucky at the moment.