View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #465
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ss/rs View Post
I would have rather waited for it to cure and for them to install the protective tape rather than remove it have it repainted and installed with the tape. I like the look and if I would have known I would have paid extra for the tape.
I get what you are saying, but nobody offers a clear bra install on splitters and bumpers when you buy them pre-painted, they assume most people know that if it's going on the front of the car it will get chips. It's not just their splitter, or splitters only that have this issue. I'm not trying to argue, just saying you are expecting that RPI should have done a better job on something and you expect something that is hardly an industry standard, or even offered. The paint should cure for 30 days or so before applying a clear bra film... I think most people would probably not want to wait around that long for their splitter to show up, if they did not have too. The amount of people that would actually want it done by RPI, is probably pretty small so it would not be feasible for them to offer it as a service perhaps? Speculation of course, but that's my observation.