View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #36
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
I'm in Orlando on business. Check my old posts on my 2010 and the paint issues. I'd love to talk about your issues and my resolutions but I'm not sure how to do it without spending a bunch. I'm on roaming...

Pm me. I moved from 2010 with 1 day left on bumper to bumper to an order for a 2013 and added the dual mode exhaust for 3700 out of pocket. Must 2010 was an 8000 mile car never driven in rain.
Sorry, just got back to the computer, maybe we can speak tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
Some of the issues are ones that there are no reasons why it can't or shouldn't have been fixed. A squeaky seat? The only way you should have such a problem after the seat has been replaced is if there is a defect in the seat track or the seat is not bolted down tightly/not mounted properly. The Mylink & Frameless mirror was a brand new feature for 2013 so they probably are going to be problematic on 2013 models. I would definitely go with route #1 and see what happens after it's been worked on. I question the quality of service you got when you have taken your car in for the problems you listed above, because probably at least one of if not all of those problems should have been repairable with no issues after that point. There can only be so many possible problems with a squeaky seat, same with the mirror as it probably should have been replace with a new unit, and same with the Mylink, and if they did go refurbished on the mirror & radio, I'd demand brand new parts to be used.
I agree and these are the same things I have been bringing up to the GM rep. I wonder if these issues, along with my other issue will prompt them to look into the quality of the service department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Never assume anything with car dealerships/manufacturers. I would get it in writing that #2 and #3 would be available if #1 does not work THE FIRST TIME. You obviously would prefer the car be fixed so you can keep it, so give the field tech a chance. If they fail to fix it this time, I would probably go with #2 with a full amount buy-back (if that's possible). Best of luck!
You are right! As I mentioned above, I will have a letter prior to it being at the dealer for the repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
^This^ This stuff should be fixed with no problem. What's the deal with the people fixing it? I say don't get rid of your car for those kind of problems. I bought a 2000 Silverado brand new back in August of 99. It had some issues during the first year of owning it. I was upset with the trips to the dealer. Got the bugs worked out and I still got the truck today with about 207K miles on it, and it has been and still is a great truck, very dependable. So hang in there. and what about those header plans?
Re headers: Matt from FSP probably wants to kill me. In any case he is on standby, once I get by these issue resolved (hopefully next week), headers are going in. Hell, I'll be so happy if this gets resolved I may have him add an ECS SC to my order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
option one....you must have bad luck buying cars made on mondays or fridays.....
just my luck

Thanks to everyone for the support and great words of advice, it's greatly appreciate. I am hopeful that in the end I will be happy as a pig in sh$t!