I just returned form the drag strip and I wasn't going to leave until I saw a 12 second ET
- 100% bone stock 2013 1SS/1LE (tires, intake, tune, weight blah blah its all stock)
- Child seat in back, full gym bag, some quick detailer, 2 California dusters, road side kit and a bunch of towels in the truck (25lbs? total)
- Temps were 68 when I started at noon and 72 and sunny when I left.
- 1/2 tank of gas (93 octane)
- Elevation 827 feet above sea level
- Drove an hour with no cool down and ran a 13.2 out of the box with rear tires at 35PSI
- Track was slippery, tires spun
- Shifted when the tach said 6200
- Hot lapped twice with 2,13.0s....
- Let it cool 1/2 hour and dropped the psi to 27/28, ran the same
- Track was oiled down so I sat 2 hours and dropped PSI to 25.
- Ran more 13.0s and then the 12.991
- Called it a day!
What I learned....
- You MUST shift into 4th
- 35 to 25 psi made no real difference in 60ft times.
- Car will run 12s, 100% stock.
Math tells me with a set of drag radials I can run a 12.8 with a 1.9/60 and a 12.6/.7 with a 1.8 60ft....
PS: If any Cold Air Intake companies want to prove their product works bolt-on without a tune let me know as I am pretty consistent in this thing