(And this is directed at me, as much as anybody else)
Seafoam treatment done yesterday. Lots of smoke, especially during the "spirited driving" afterward. It was embarrassing.
Followed the method for the LLT (posted here
), but had to modify it a bit during the Deep Creep/Seafoam Spray step, as the LFX doesn't have the port that the DIY shows being used in the "Optional 2" step. Will post pics later of what I did as a workaround.
I did the full oil/gas/intake treatment, and will change oil probably tomorrow or the next day.
Tear down number 2: probably Saturday.
Will take pics.
Also, going to investigate the layout of the IM a bit. I know it's got a divider between the two banks of intake runners, but I'm curious if it goes all the way to the back of the IM. If it's continuous from the TB to the rear of the IM, using the brake booster vacuum line to add Seafoam really probably only treats the driver's side bank of cylinders. If so, spraying the aerosol Seafoam from the front of the intake may be the only really effective way to clean the passenger side bank.
: Further discussion of the layout of the IM and the effectiveness of using Seafoam via the brake booster vacuum line can be found in this post
Oh, and I also sprayed my MAF sensor with some MAF cleaner while I was under the hood. Didn't look visibly dirty, but the electrodes are hard to see as they're contained in a housing with openings that aren't big enough for close inspection.
More to come...