Thread: Project G5.R
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #206
Nathan Moreno

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
If I was a manufacturer I'd be sending boxes of freebies your way just hoping folks saw my parts on your car!

Thanks, I'm going to have you be my spoke person, LOL

Do you have sponsors?

I do.......... American Express, Master card and Visa, LOL.................. jk,............ LC and Vroomapunk and funding the whole project. I understand they are currently taking on more projects, you might want to hit them up!

What business are you in if you don't mind me asking?

Justin and I are full time students in college and we also work with our dad in his life insurance agency as license agents.

I worked for an OCD car guy back in my highschool days, built beautiful sand rails! This thread gave me flashbacks to aluminum oxide blackface LOL... You're doing BEAUTIFUL work! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Thanks again Twisty, we really appreciate your kind words

Quick update:

We need to clean out the insulation were we are going to have the plated welded for the roll cage.

But we figured we'd go the extra mile and remove all of it.

This stuff is literally as hard as a rock!

Name:  006.jpg
Views: 1702
Size:  160.5 KB

Had to set the car on fire to get that stuff out! RJ kept coming to mind, I'm not sure why. I don't think I would have posted this picture if the car burned down to the ground, just saying, LOL

Name:  008.jpg
Views: 1691
Size:  103.0 KB

Some elbow grease with a scraper.

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 1678
Size:  140.0 KB

Orbital sanding and 120

Name:  010.jpg
Views: 1685
Size:  104.9 KB

Sprayed with wash and grease remover

Name:  011.jpg
Views: 1678
Size:  138.9 KB

Finally......... a few coats of etching primer

Name:  012.jpg
Views: 1679
Size:  110.9 KB

We will be putting some sort of insulation back on the wall as the factory insulation has holes for the air box, ac hoses and harness that wouldn't be to effective. Being we are not reinstalling any of that stuff.

FYI, received some great news today parts that will be making their debut on G5.R at SEMA. I wish I could share it with you guys but it still top secret. I'm just hoping everything goes as planed.

Stay Tuned
Nathan Moreno is offline   Reply With Quote