View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
cliffdog89

Drives: 2LT/RS M6 '12 Camaro
Mod 2: Powder Coat Stock Rims and Fix Curb Rash

Body Shop: Kwicksilver Wheel Repair
Price: $175/wheel (including curb rash repair to one rim)
- Included unmounting wheels from car, removing tires, removing TPM sensors, remounting TPM sensors, remounting tires, remounting wheels to vehicle.
Recomendation: I would highly recommend this repair shop. I emailed John with photo's of my curb rash and a request to powder coat my rims. He called me back later that evening and was extremely helpful through the whole process in setting up an appointment. I arrived at his shop at 8:30AM with my vehicle - by 1:30 I was leaving with beautiful powder coated rims. He stepped me through the whole process and showed me each stage of the application.

After having the car for 1 week I had my first (hopefully my last) experience with curb rash. My previous/other vehicle ('89 Caprice) has large walled tires which don't mind a curb now and then but the Camaro was a whole different animal. Needless to say I found that out the hard way. After a significant amount of researching and getting various prices from repair + powder coating I opted with John at KwickSilver due to some good reviews he had received.

cliffdog89 is online now   Reply With Quote