Thread: Bye Bye Camaro
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #44
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by walky35 View Post
id say taking out loans for school is smart though. the statistics speak for themselves when comparing those with college degrees and those with High school ones. but thats a diff discussion
Eh... six figures a year on a high school diploma here... was making 50k/yr in my previous job... just gotta sacrifice your social life and find a Class 1 railroad that's hiring (most are).

(I was five courses from my bachelors and maintained a 4.00GPA throughout earning my associates and up until I got sick of school... but my job doesn't require any college... just drug free, dedication and common sense)

Good on the OP to be a great dad... I hope your daughter appreciates the gesture and gets the most out of her education... keep her away from bullshit degrees... medical and engineering are the way to go, IMO.

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote