View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #24
BreakingBad
i am the one who knocks

Drives: '12 2LT/RS
someone educate me...

I've exclusively driven in "D", with my 2LT automatic.

I've never owned a manual car, let alone driven one. That being said, I've also never used paddle shifters.

I see many talking about using "S" mode in the city, while on the highway use "D"..

few questions (i'm a dummy, cars aren't really my hobby moreover just a nice car that i happen to like)

1.) Manual. If I were to switch into Manual mode in my Automatic, how exactly...do I drive the damn thing? LOL again I've never driven a manual or know how to, so if I ever feel adventurous I'd like to know exactly how to shift, when to shift, which paddles to use and when, etc.

2.) Sport mode. What exactly is this? What's the difference between sport mode and normal 'drive' mode? I do a lot of city driving, is it better to be in S mode? Do I have to shift in this mode, or is it essentially still an automatic in this mode?

3.) Traction control - when is it beneficial to use this and to not use it? I do not race, probably never will. Although, there are times I do want to pass some people on the highway - is it beneficial to turn this off to gain speed or something?

yes, i'm a noob. shame me all you want
BreakingBad is offline   Reply With Quote