View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #295
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
In closing, there is nothing more I can say here. The C6 Corvette is a better, lighter, faster, easier to maintain, ding free, better on gas, better built, rarer, better standard optioned icon for Chevrolet. Period. All of that is proven. Not by me, but by multiple people. Don't think this was personally attacking anyone, or a biased view. It's facts. Believe them or not, it's facts.
The problem is that you're not comparing apples to apples and you keep trying to shove your opinions down everyone's throats. The Vette and Camaro are not direct competitors nor are they even in the same class. And really, I've spent time on Vette forums because I use to have a couple. And, I can tell you that the C6 is much better than the C5, but the C6 is not the perfect car that you profess it to be. They have all sorts of bugs of their own, the interiors are very dated and as much as you like to say it, a base LS2 is not faster than a ZL1. Hell, it's not even faster than a 1LE at many road courses. I'll give you the lighter and the better on gas, but that's about where it stops. To most real Vette people the base C6 is just an old mans car to putt around in just to say that I finally got a vette. The real ones are the Z06. That is the best bang for the buck car out there and very respected. The base Vette is the equal to buying a V6 Camaro to many. I don't think anyone is hating on the Vette. It's an icon for sure, and I personally love them if it's the right one. It's what you're trying to do just to stir the pot that is getting you all the negative comments. Many members on have have changed to other types of cars and haven't gotten the reactions that you have, but they used tact when they explained the reason for their change. I'll be the first one to say that the camaro isn't perfect. I had a 2010 that was loaded with problems, but I can also tell you that the news have gotten a lot better. My ZL1's quality is very good and the paint is flawless. The C6 has had about the same thing happen to them too. The earlier ones weren't as good as the later ones. That's pretty much the norm these day with any model car. Manufacturers use the consumer for R&D to improve their products.

Oh and we don't have the Vette to thank for the Camaro but rather the return of the Challenger and the retro mustang in 05. Remember the Camaro was dead before their return. We may use some of the Vettes parts on our Camaros, but that's just good business on GM's part.

Last edited by motorhead; 07-11-2013 at 08:49 PM.