View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #22
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
I find it quite interesting that the brace seemingly does nothing. Anyone have any actual data to help back this up?
Wow, I cannot believe I'm even reading threads like this. This is like saying the front air ducts to the brakes do nothing to stopping distance. They do nothing until you push the car to its limits and if you do that the brake duct will raise the limitations of the braking system by increasing cooling. If you take the car to the racetrack (and I mean a road course not a drag strip) and see how fast you can possibly run the car through a corner I can guarantee you that the car will perform better with that strut tower brace increasing chassis rigidity. If you mount road race tires that increase the g-loads on the suspension way beyond stock, the brace will make a huge difference. GM knows this, that is why they put it on the car and frankly that is part of the reason why the ZL1 Camaro can run with the much lighter Boss Mustang. The underlined section in that fancy write-up says "no aftermarket brace" , this is not an aftermarket brace. It was built by GM because they were trying to improve the cornering in a specialty high performance car. If all you ever do is drive the car straight ahead or you never get close to the limitations of the tires in a corner then take the thing off. It is doing nothing for you. But just because you are not using the limitations of the car does not mean the performance parts are unnecessary.
ADM - 434 ERL block. Trickflow 6 bolt heads, ADM cam, valves, springs. Heartbeat 2300 blower, twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS triple carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. LPE pulley upgrades, 1400 injectors. ADM/squash fuel system, ADM trunk intercooler reservoir & EMP pump, Ron Davis S/C heat ex, and radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air intercooler, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar, Hurst line lock, braided brake & clutch lines, Motul 660 and Porterfield R4 pads, racingbrake rotors. LPE nitrous controller. 1436 rwhp.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote