View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #14
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fullgarage View Post
Shifting D to M on the highway drops me to 4th instantly and I have plenty of HP and gear at 4th to get me into a hole or pass "slower traffic" safely and pretty freaking quickly.
This is good to know. I will add it to the OP, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fullgarage View Post
Yes I am setting the maximum gear with the paddles. I can wind every gear to red-line if I want, or I can downshift to any gear I want (holding a gear sounds great with magnaflow glasspacks)...What I can't do is lug the engine (too high a gear for the speed) or accidentally start the car in anything but first.

The problem with those two things is what?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a 2LS or its gearing unless you are looking for a quarter mile killer, or track car. If you thought you were going to get a competive car for those purposes for under $30k new you are an idiot or not competitive anyways

My 2cents
This thread is not saying there's anything wrong with the 2LS or the way it functions. It is trying to convey information to prospective buyers that GM doesn't make obvious and that most dealerships/salespeople either don't know about, have forgotten about, or don't care about.

The 2LS and it's differences from other V6 automatics may be the perfect car for some buyers, such as yourself. The problem arises when those differences are important to people, and they buy without knowing they exist or because they are misled.

This thread is an attempt to rectify that, nothing more.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote