This year at Camaro5 Fest we will be having a charity silent auction - where 100% of the profits will be going to Colonial Hills Baptist Church. For those of you who have never attended a silent auction it's fairly straight forward. Each of the auction items will have a "Bid Sheet" in front of it. Over the next few days I will be adding/updating the list of auction items as we get them.
Known Auction Items:
- One certificate for a CAI Inc. cold air intake of your choice, courtesy of CAI Inc.
- Lingenfelter Motorsports swag (jacket, hat, etc. - will post more details as we get them), courtesy of Lingenfelter Motorsports
- One set of new front and rear Pedders 27mm sway bar and end links, courtesy of The Stig
- Mystery Item, courtesy of Tom Henry Chevrolet
- Autographed Camaro Poster, courtesy of Mike Judge @ Oshawa Assembly
- a set if Gen5 DIY's afterburner taillights, courtesy of camaro2lt
- One certificate for a Borla exhaust system of your choice, courtesy of Borla Exhaust
- One Heads Up Display (HUD) Retrofit kit, courtesy of Gen5 DIY
- GM high wing spoiler (signed by the members of camaro5), courtesy of Rodgers Chevrolet
- A set of Firecore50 spark plug wires, courtesy of IPS Motorsports
- SSR Coffee Table book, , courtesy of The Fbodfather
- Camaro Sunglasses (multiple sets), courtesy of The Fbodfather
- Camaro Hoodie, courtesy of The Fbodfather
- A "Camaro Convertible" banner that was used in training, , courtesy of The Fbodfather
- Brand new Pedders Pit Crew shirt (Large, short sleeve, button down)
- A Convertible Camaro Concept Keepsake Box
- Other...yet unknown items!
- Opening bid for each item will be 50% of the item's retail value
- The minimum bid increase is $5
- The auction will close at 5:00pm Saturday August 3rd
- Payment for each item is due at the time of auction closing (cash, credit, or debit)
It has been recently brought to our attention by a thoughtful member (FireCracker) that the local Indianapolis community has recently endured a fatal bus accident killing three people and injuring many others. The bus was returning from a church youth camp when the accident occurred. The story has made the national news and motivated us to reconsider how best our charity money can help.
We love St. Judes but we feel that the timing of this tragedy and the proximity to the C5F IV would be a real opportunity to give back to a community that has been home to our event two years in a row.
In the accident, 3 adults were killed. Two were a married couple expecting their second and leaving behind a 2 year old child. The third was a mother of 5.
As such we ask for your understanding as we make the last minute decision to give the money generated by our silent auction back to the local community in an effort to provide at least some comfort to the families that are dealing with this loss.
The Camaro5 Fest Staff / Camaro5 Moderators.
See Local News Story Here:
National coverage of the story: