View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #869
mudchick_alicia

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudchick_alicia View Post
Okay so I got the other 2 Range versions that were sent for me to test out and took the car out yesterday and same issue with all of them. The light only comes on when someone is sitting in the passenger seat. I took the range out and drove with nothing plugged in and same issue? Again this airbag light issue started the 2nd time I plugged the range in. Maybe it's coincidence that my airbag started having issues after I got the range and its not the range causing the issue??

So now my question is can I reset this light without having to take my car to the dealership? I disconnected the battery this morning to try and reset the computer....or at least that is my intentions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudchick_alicia View Post
Jim I haven't resolved this yet I still have the light on BUT I have been working with Ken from Range and he has more than helpful with me trying to get this issue resolved.

I have a Dashboss scanner coming my way to try and reset the light to avoid me having to go to dealership to shell out money for them to do it. Also Ken is sending me another Range to try out as well. I will update soon as I get this stuff.

I will say Range has some really awesome customer service!!
Okay doing my followup.....the Dashboss scanner did not allow me to reset the airbag light so I finally broke down and took my car into the dealership this morning and let them check it. They said that the passenger airbag sensor has gone out and that it will cost me $688.84 to have it replaced and that cost me $111.75 just for them to tell me that. So my guess is that it was just coincidence that the light came on after I had the Range plugged in ?? Now I have to find me an airbag sensor and and research how to change this thing out myself.