View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #31
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacpac View Post
This is a good thread. A similar thing happened on our RS except the curb really scraped up the face of one spline on the rim. My wife was heartbroken. I immediately ordered a remanufactured rim, that I am marginally impressed with. The inside of the rim was polished so it doesn't match the other three as well. I contacted one of my customers that deals in abrasives and he sent me a pack of 4 different grades of abrasive wheels to use on my angle grinder. After 45 minutes of delicate and nervouse application, I am amazed that the scratches and gouging is gone! Now I have a a spare 20" rim waiting for a tire. I wish I would have read your thread a year ago. If anyone would like pics, send me a message. I can always check the abrasive grades at home and post them if it would help someone. the Abrasives were from Suhner.

Thank you!! I wish there was a thread on this as well hence the reason I started it so others could try this on their own.

Feel free to post your pictures and how you did it. That is why I made this thread so others could share their experiences so we could help others.