View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Originally Posted by Bmatth1162 View Post
I'm having BMR springs and sways installed on Monday, and the way I see it, since I'm paying for aftermarket suspension upgrades, I might as well use the "stiffest" sway bar setting. Is anyone running this "stiff" setting on the street? Any issues? I want the handling to improve as much as possible, but I also understand that TOO tight of a back end will start to hurt handling. Thanks for any advice!

EDIT: I'm mainly looking to help (hopefully eliminate) the understeer, it drives me nuts, and will be doing autocross events every few months if this helps.
I suggest playing with the settings and see what works best for you, your tire selection and your driving style. For me, I think I would try them at middle/middle first and go from there. If you want more oversteer (which you probably will for AutoX ) go to the next stiffest setting on the rear or softer up front. Going too stiff up front will only result more understeer.

Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Sorry but sway bars do in fact change the quality of the ride
They only time they effect ride quality in a negative way is when a bump is hit on one side of the car that is unequal to the other side of the car. Being on a stiffer bar/setting will intensify this. As far as cruising down the road on a flat surface, you would never notice a difference until you turn or like I said hit a bump on one side.

Best regards,

Click HERE to send me a PM | | | 801-545-4215
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote