View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #52
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Run both. The 1LE cap is for the clean side only, that is only 2-3% of the total oil ingestion. You need a good dirty side catchcan like the RX or Elite to take care of the real problem.

And, the 1LE style (we have our own version for much less) will also work on any of the GM V8's and V6's.

Indeed.

Took Sledge out for a good hard run (no rev limiter hitting mind you), with 600 miles(1000km) on the clock, boy do I feel good having installed both the Elite can and the Chevrolet Performance supplied Oil Separator kit

Just wanted to note, upon sticking a q-tip inside the original hose to install the oil separator kit("clean side") I observed one to two at most, clean looking drops of oil in there. Nothing significant at all, but considering that I haven't even hit the track yet, something worth considering.

As for the "dirty side" where the catch can goes, although the oil looked clean inside the nipple leading to the engine, and the hose itself that needed to be removed, there was a significant amount of oil in there. By that I mean, estimate perhaps 10-20 drops of clear looking oil.

Highly recommended mods no doubt about it!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote