View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #889
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Yes...

Stop benching...

Train your triceps and back...learn to use the back part of your body to bench...

I agree, usually when progress stops and your training hard, nutrition and rest are adequate it's one of two things, you could be overtraining or the supporting muscles for the lift in question are the problem. Either way stopping and a change up may be the remedy.

I personally have problems with benches specifically, but not exclusively, not from muscle weakness directly but because of life altering injuries,

I am now 6'1", (I started shrinking) @ 180, about this time last year at the same body fat% I was at 170, I was bummed I couldn't bench my body weight for a 1RM. I just couldn't do it. about 3 months ago I changed a couple of exercises, went to close grip benches, flies with lighter weights and bent rows instead of flat benches. After a month those lifts increased steadily. I just checked my 1RM this morning and hit the 200 mark. Perhaps not a lot of weight to some but I got past my sticking point and personally am quite happy about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
LMAO...
All I can hook you up with at the moment is 8 and a bunch of change.

This is what would be at our disposal.
Attached Images

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote