View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #108
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
You are definitely in the wrong part of the forum.

The first year of Camaro introduced the Z/28 a road course car not a muscle car. Ford introduced their Boss after that and then Dodge the Challenger. All were factory backed road course cars.

Doing my best Obi Wan "this is not the 427 you're looking for". You want the LSX.

look i was there. i remember... and I know numbers matching Z28's. i know exactly what they are meant for. i also know the name was used and a 350 was put in them later. (why, i have no idea).

this is a fauxe Z28. you wanna talk historical. ok, let's...

z28 should be LIGHT, have a 5 liter engine with 400hp. no frills, no nav, no 427, no irs, none of this stuff the fauxe Z28 is gonna hve.

chevrolet built a 427 hammer to bludgeon a 5 liter BOSS. just, there is no boss anymore.

call it a 427 camaro, and call it quits.the new car is NOT a Z28....in the original iteration.

you bring up the original intent, not me. the 69 427 camaros were epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
How do I not get it when you clearly have no idea what the Z/28 is.

1) The Z/28 was built to run in Trans Am ROAD racing
2) The Camaro was a pony car, not a muscle car. Now that it weighs 2 tons, it doesn't fit the pony car class.
3) Buy an SS and drop in a 427.

I get it, you clearly don't. This is the Z/28 forum. If you don't like the Z/28, why post here?

so, if i have a different opinion that is not lock step , you have a problem? ive been on C5 long enough to remember all of the fanboishness when the SS was introduced.

i have a right to display disappointment in being left out. i wanted a DAG-blamed 427 factory camaro i can never get. yes im on the right forum to post an opinion about the 2014 Z28. all of my posts are relevant just not ones you personally like.