Originally Posted by 2cnd chance
Oh my! You may have been there, however time has warped your perception.
1. Original 1Gen Z/28's were NO lighter than other Camaros.
2. Original 1Gen Z/28's had engines sized for racing in the Trans Am series (as rules changed in the series engine size changed) the fact is the Z/28 required a higher-revving engine for road-racing just like the SB 427.
3. Original 1Gen Z/28's could be ordered with EVERY option, but AC and an automatic.
4. Original 1Gen Z/28's had superior (for its day) suspensions modified from a regular Camaro. Today's Z/28 has a superior suspension based on a regular Camaro.
5. Chevy already beat both Boss's with the 1LE - they didn't build the Z/28 to do it.
6. Yes the 1969 427 Camaro's were awesome, however the 2014 is on a much much higher level. BTW, Did you know in 1969 there was a ZL1-Z/28?
In closing the 2014 Z/28 is every bit a Z/28 in its original intent. A road-racing Camaro built with superior performance and handling capabilities.
"3. Original 1Gen Z/28's could be ordered with EVERY option, but AC and an automatic."
And no convertible.
"BTW, Did you know in 1969 there was a ZL1-Z/28?"
I've never seen nor heard of this one, I'd like more info on it.
I agree completely with everything else you said!