View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2
Oddly enough, I had the same issue when I picked up my car at the dealer tonay after getting the oil changed (2010 with 2000 miles on it, but I just bought it 2 weeks ago.). It gave the same message when I started it. It also cranked slow. I notified the service writer and he got a tech to take it into the shop and he brought it back a few minutes later. He said it was a low voltage problem with the battery and to take it for a drive. So after supper i take it for a one hour drive and pull into the beer store on the way home. I come back and it just gives me a bunch of relay chatter. The vehicle then went in to battery saver mode. Lights were dim, but the radio turned itself on , i suppose to keep me company???? WTF? So, i call Onstar for a boost and it starts fine. FACK!!!!! So, i drive it home and check it out...Voltage as measured on the battery: running: 14.48v, engine off, 12.86vSimilar voltages noted on the boost terminal under the hood.Started it up again no problem. I suspect a bad battery, but who the hell knows? I placed my battery tender for my Harley on it and will attempt to get it to the dealer tommorow.
Live in peace but defend it...Embrace it but never take it for granted...
freedomintheskies is offline   Reply With Quote