View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #29
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Said it before, and I'll say it again, but I agree with Baylor, and I feel the Camaro would do good to downsize a little, unless GM can pull off some miracle and keep it the same size AND drop 300+ lbs (yeah right).

Yes, the ATS is on a slightly smaller platform, but it IS a sedan...so I don't see any reason whatsoever why it can't be made to be coupe (Camaro). I know you all know this, but take a step back and look at the size of the 5th gen compared to the 4th gen and earlier. It is the odd ball out in terms of size and weight.....but I also feel it looks the best, but not b/c of the size. Same car but in ATS size would be fine by me.

Mustang is shrinking...perhaps considerably. I don't think Camaro needs to go that small, nor would I really want it to, but it needs to stay pretty damn close to Mustang in terms of weight/power ratio and handling. How much of a fail would it be for the next "base" Mustang to weigh 3,100 to 3,200 lbs and Camaro base to weigh 3,500 lbs? It would be embarrasing. Some people just want a bigger car and don't care about the weight, and I have no issue with that. But these two cars are direct compeititors whether you may like it or not, and so whatever improvements Mustang makes (weight/power) Camaro should work to be competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_BigC View Post
I currently own both, a 2013 ATS Luxury package 2.0L turbo AWD, and let me tell you it's not even remotely close to being a Camaro. If GM tries to make the new gen Camaro similar to the ATS their gonna miss the boat really hard. Don't get me wrong my ATS is a nice car, and has some mechanical and undercarriage similarities but it's not a camaro, a new gen camaro and will never be compatible, well I hope not.
I don't get this statement. Sure, it may not feel like a Camaro in terms of look or feel, but the chasis is a wonderful place to start for a next gen Camaro in my opinion. ATS is known to be a great handler. Why wouldn't we want this for the next Camaro??
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote