View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
Cojaflow

Drives: t-tops of course 2000 3.8 blue
Go to Craigslist and look around A LOT. What's good about Craigslist that you can't do on ebay is talk to the people and get a feel for how they treated their cars. Don't buy from a kid. If it has big speakers and under glow crap then pass. They abused it and there will be problems. There are older guys that took care of their cars that are ready to sell, either for a gen 5 down payment or in my case a 70 y/o man whose lady couldn't get in and out of it anymore.

I have stated in other threads that I got my 2000 3.8 with only 80k for $2500. I took 2 months looking on Craigslist and sent messages to or called everyone I could possibly be interested in. My car came from a post without pictures or details. SO DON'T CANCEL THOSE OUT IN YOUR SEARCHES! Just ask if they don't mention it. Make a list of things to ask or you'll forget to ask them. Example: Is there anything that needs fixed or will need fixed? Has anything been done to the car? Does it leak any fluids? Do you have pics? and so on. I made a wordpad file to saved the url of the ad and details and pics to to keep it all straight. I made notations whether I called or emailed them and if I got a response. There are a lot of cars for sale right now. Have fun!
On June 28, 1966, General Motors' General Manager Pete Estes claimed the name, "suggests the comradeship of good friends as a personal car should be to its owner" and that "to us, the name means just what we think the car will do... Go!" The new Camaro name was then unveiled.

The Press asked Chevrolet product managers,

"What is a Camaro?" and were told it was "a small, vicious animal that EATS Mustangs."
Cojaflow is offline   Reply With Quote