Originally Posted by a.morblu
Engine bay cleanup update!! So I finally phased out this project and jumped in. I'm currently sitting at phase 6. Hopefully I'll have everything buttoned back up and cleaned up in a week or two and actually get some proper photos taken.
Phase 1 - Take over garage and build a spray booth
Phase 2 - Install heater hose relocation kit
Phase 3 - Flip fuel rail, set aside to polish, and remove plenum cover
Phase 4 - Paint plenum and fuse box covers
Phase 5 - Remove coils and paint
Phase 6 - Install valve covers with coil relocation kit installed
Phase 7 - Finish wiring harness dress-up, install plenum cover
Phase 8 - Finish fuel rail flip and install a few additional hose hiders and dress-ups ie evap lines
I am still finishing up Phase 6, but I got a lot closer lastnight. I got the passenger side valve cover on and the coil bracket installed. I didn't like the way it sat on the valve covers at first. The coils sat level "floating" over the valve covers. I wanted them to sit in plane with the face of the valve covers, so I had to bend them a little. They came out great and I think once I get all the wires dressed up and routed it will bring it all together.
I also went ahead and finished most of Phase 8. I relocated the evap solenoid to the side of the fuse box. It really cleaned up the passenger side of the engine bay a lot with just doing that one relocation.
Phase 5 (additional pictures, also painted dip stick)