View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
So true! I bought a Mitsubishi eclipse turbo when they first very first came out and eventually owned a 3000gt which I really never liked as much. The eclipse was an awesome little car... torque steer and all. It was a hoot to drive, good looking for its time, inexpensive and easy to tune. I am not a "Mitsubishi Guy" but it is what was cool at the time and young men are the same now as they were then........they like good looking, inexpensive, fun to drive and tunable cars. Hell it could be a coupe version of a volume car which would help keep the price in check. But as long as it is good it will sell.

I know there is a huge market for gas friendly vehicles and it seems this generation has been hypnotized about being green, throw in high gas prices and it seem like a great marketing strategy and I am sure it is, but not for all segments. All my son and his friends talk about are Camaros, mustangs, wrx's, sti's, frs, and brz and such. As much as I like the camaro there is a part of me that would love a small chevy that reminds me of the spirit of that first eclipse.
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote