View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #76
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The LS1 powered F-Body was running a mid to high 13...like a 13.5-13.6. The Dodge R/T is right there at 13.6. The LS3/L99 SS Camaro is a 13.0-13.2. And the SRT-8 is about a 12.8. Those are official times that I have seen and those are the times I was referring to. When I mentioned the LS1 in my last post...I was saying that it runs similar times to the R/T. Maybe I didn't clarify. Hopefully this all clears up what I was saying. But I didn't contradict myself. I have a habit of not saying the years or generation when I say SS.

As far as people running those times and saying they are stock...I don't trust it. Because like I said, people will flat out lie to make them or their car or their favorite car sound faster than it really is. Magazines are by far more trustworthy because they have a reputation as being truthful and unbiased. If they claimed false numbers, trust me their boards and mail columns would be full of people calling them out. Whether they give you the absolute best possible time on the absolute best possible day with the absolute best possible conditions in a factory freak or not isn't my concern. When 2 or 3 mags each consistently report within a tenth or two of each other...that is by far more reliable than some bozo claiming he ran 5-7 tenths faster.

And I agree that weight is a big issue. Which is why I said the R/T and SRT-8 were slow considering the hp and tq they have.
You realize Edmunds got 12.6 for a stock SRT8 automatic, correct? Doesn't that count in your book? Anyways, some may lie, but most do not. As for being slow, havn't mags got like 13.2 for aa 400 HP Automatic SS and 13.5 for a 370 HP R/T? I have seen times as slow as 13.3s for manual SSes too which have 426 HP, this is the problem with you calling it slow for it's HP, by your estimates the SS is painfully slow for it's HP ratings too.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote