View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #114
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
What did you not understand? Owning a Versa is A LOT CHEAPER than owning a Camaro! So much for your cost of ownership. What I'm saying is. If owning a Camaro is going to burden you financially to the point that you have to worry about buying tires this probably isn't the car for you. There isn't a huge price difference between 19s-20s. I did a quick search on tirerack.com. Cheapest 19 inch original fitment tires! Set of 4: $652.00. Cheapest staggered 20s Set of 4: $728.00. If an extra $75 bucks once every 3 years for tires is to much. You can't afford the car!
Really. So now you get to tell us how we should spend our money, and how much is too much.

Perhaps I should have worded the comment "Camaro cost of ownership," not just "cost of ownership."

When I look at a car purchase, I take a variety of cost of ownership factors into consideration. Maintenance and wear & tear items are one of them.

When choosing between an SS and a V6, for example, I considered the increased cost of oil changes. The cost of required premium fuel. I look at the picture as a whole. You could say that the cost each of those items isn't THAT much more than the other option, but over time each of them adds up.

And I plan to keep this car for many, many miles.

And yes, I considered the cost of replacement tires, and the fact that 4 19" tires of the same size would be cheaper than 4 20" tires of staggered sizes.

Just because I feel it was not worth it to pay the extra cost of Camaro ownership for an option package or a different trim level doesn't mean I stretched to buy my car.

I can afford the car I chose just fine.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote