View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #18
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6M Black-s/s
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Did you replace the toe rod bushings with new ones we sent out to you? If not I would do that because the old poly-urethane bushings are compromised due to the incorrect grease being used. If you have already replaced the toe rod bushings with the new ones I sent out to you than there has to be something else going on.

I know you weren't down grading us or our products at all I just wanted to clarify a few points that were brought up in the thread so the whole picture was shown to people viewing it. Keep me informed of what you come up with and I will help you out in any way we can.
I had to take the toe links off and put the stock toe links back on, the bushings were really soft and compromised especially from the petroleum based grease and the heat (over 90 degree's, ambient temps) the car was shifting to the right and left when laying on it and especially when down shifting, so as I was lifting it on the lift to check it I noticed the left rear wheel shifted a little toooo much, so I checked the side the side movement and there was was approx 1/4'' or more of movement, that's when I took them off and put the stock links on (my daily driver for now) then examined the toe links and noticed the damage.
When I replaced the trailing arm bushings with the new style bushings and pins is when I noticed the damage to the old style bushings and pins.
The car never felt better with all the new bushings after aligned. It wasn't until I greased them maybe a little too much with the SuperLube is when I started having the toe issue problems. I think I broke the rule that more is not always better!
For now I plan on trying it for a while maybe take all the bushings back out and inspect them, clean them up, install them and align it and see how it goes. Then in the future replace them all, front and rear and stronger control arms etc..
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. Hurst short throw shifter, DSS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport swaybars w/HD adjustable links. Monster LT1-S twin, clutch, Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 60'.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote