View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #8
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
You heard it here first, that 12.9 will not be the top spot for a 1le after this weekend (assuming no rain)

Regarding what cars compare to what. I wouldnt compare a 1LE to the boss as IMO the 1LE is not "special" enough despite being faster. If the 1le camaro offered a different engine then yea, it would be a direct comparrison, however it is the regular 6.2.

IMO:
5.0 (whatever trim) vs Camaro (whatever trim)
Boss 302 vs Upcoming z28 (both NA, both "special")
Zl1 vs GT500

But that is just me.
We will have to disagree about the Z28. Ford has no answer for that. People get hung up by badges. The 1LE is pretty serious and pretty special (many changes over the SS) and was created to compete with the Boss, even though its just an option on the SS. I like that it has stealth collector visibility, to me it's even more serious than the Boss. The only Comparable Mustang GT is with the Track Pack/Brembo option, but it's not much of a competitor. What holds the 1LE back is weight. The Z28 is much more serious than either of the Bosses and will be priced above the GT500 (most likely).

Looking forward to your timeslips. Hope you have good air and prep. You will need it to beat 12.9. I was faster in my '11 SS than in my 1LE. But liking the 1LE even more. All out speed is not that important to me, it is a ever ending and expensive quest. My goal is to get the most out of what I drive. I have just as much fun at the track as anyone else, even in my "slow" 1LE.

Last edited by Fraxum; 10-14-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote