View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #61
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbob View Post
I just do not see the reason to trade a zl1 for a z28. I mean my understanding is you are paying a lot more for someone to remove all the luxury pieces of the zl1. You are getting a bigger motor but it has less horsepower. The brakes are better but they can be bought. I think the mag ride is the same. I think if I wanted a track car only I would start with the zl1 and go from there. That being said, I would buy a stingray first.
Bingo! Couldn't agree more.

This whole Z28 thing reminds me of the Civic and Civic Si.. Honda got Civic customers to fork out more dough for the "race" Civic SI - You can put go fast stuff on a non-race car, and it is still not a race car. Still, kids praised the SI as the racer/ricer holy grail. These fanboys are convinced the Z28 is a racecar, forgetting that the True GM race car is the Z06/Z07.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote