View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
I pulled the trigger on my home built NAV Radio this weekend:

I finally got rid of that horrible Mylink Navigation unit that came with my 2SS/RS. This weekend I put the replacement in, an I7 Mobile based CarPC. First I removed the Mylink screen and nav radio. That radio even has a CD slot, although there was no way to use it.

I had to cut some plastic away so all my electronics and the 8" screen would fit:

Next I made a video cable to tap into the oem backup camera, after getting and info and pin numbers from 2SSRS@Gen5diy, StealthZL1, and Robdollar77:

I was able to use a 90 degree Dupont Pin Header, as the pin spacing was perfect at 2.54mm, and I ty-wrapped it onto the connector so the cable would not come unplugged:

I built up a CarPC using mostly high temperature industrial components. An industrial socket G2 motherboard, Mobile I7 35W processor, 85C rated low profile DDR3, and I used a Hifidiy Saber USB DAC to output an extremely transparent audio signal. The power supply is a 160W intellegent DC-DC converter that uses a combination of ignition switch position, and timers to start and stop the PC, so I don't ever have to power down the PC. I just drive, and it runs automatically, and powers down automatically when I pull out the key:

I routed cables with airflow in mind:
Appearance: Blackout Bowties F and R, Blackout Fender Lettering, Painted Lettering on Engine Cover, Painted Strut Tower Brace, White Wiper Blades, White LED H13 DRL's, Blue Dome LED, Blackout Tail Light Bezels, DIYSF Afterburners.
Audio: RF Dual 12" P3's, T400-2, T400-4, T1652-S, T1963, JBL MS-8, RFC1, Isolated Stinger SPV35.

Video:
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS... Mylink removed, I7 Mobile Project
Enhancements: MNM Catch Can, GM Strut Tower Brace.
rray is offline   Reply With Quote