View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #7
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
Not including the audio stuff, I have about $1200 into it so far. It's not hard to do, its much like assembling a barebones home PC, where you buy all off the shelf cpu, memory, hard drive, power supply, and USB gadgets. Even the screen was an open frame lcd kit off ebay.

Add a metra dash kit to interface with the car, buy a copy of windows 7 and load, then get the free open source or paid "Front End" software, of which there are several to choose from, and you got a car pc that does everything a high end navigation head unit does but more and its expandable.

The hardest part was cutting the metra dash bezel, and re-gluing on the cut plastic parts like fingers to hold the lcd screen in place. You dont even have to do that if you buy a 7" screen, but I wanted to fit 8".
Appearance: Blackout Bowties F and R, Blackout Fender Lettering, Painted Lettering on Engine Cover, Painted Strut Tower Brace, White Wiper Blades, White LED H13 DRL's, Blue Dome LED, Blackout Tail Light Bezels, DIYSF Afterburners.
Audio: RF Dual 12" P3's, T400-2, T400-4, T1652-S, T1963, JBL MS-8, RFC1, Isolated Stinger SPV35.

Video:
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS... Mylink removed, I7 Mobile Project
Enhancements: MNM Catch Can, GM Strut Tower Brace.
rray is offline   Reply With Quote