View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
GMTech

Drives: ZL1
Bow 5 Replacement/Gap/Sag/Water Leak

I know quite a few of you have had issued with the convertible tops on the 2011-2013 Camaro, and thought I would share a repair that I just completed.

This particular Camaro was a 2012 model and had been into the dealership twice with water leak issues. Once I got the car to work on, I noticed the large gap between the rear of the top and the body. There is a bulletin to address this, as most of you know, due to the 5th bow bending/breaking.

Once I got the entire top and water management bag out of the car, you could definitely tell there were issues back there. Also, from the now bent 5th bow, it had rubbed two holes in the water management bag from where the two rear torx bolts hold the 5th bow to the frame/pivots. This car needed the bow replaced as well as the bag. It's not an easy job, and requires a lot of tedious work, especially attaching the headliner, top, and bag back to the new aluminum bow. Everything worked out good, though, and it looks like brand new and has absolutely no leaks. I thought I would post some pictures so you all can see how involved it is and how much actually your vehicle needs to come apart to do a job like this.
Attached Images

GMTech is offline   Reply With Quote