View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #52
Drives: Getaway Special
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
You used two cars from the same model year for 1967, so it only makes sense to do the same thing for the 2014 Z/28. I'm not really sure how that doesn't make for a fair, honest, apples to apples comparison. If you don't think it does, well I can't really convince you and I'm not even going to try. Its your opinion, and thats that. And I'm not trying to twist anything, as you said I have no reason to.

But we've taken up a little too much space in this thread with our side-discussion. So lets agree that if a 1966 Corvette with as many go-fast goodies as you could tick off on the order sheet came in at around $5,400 ... the 67 Z/28 was about $3,500 ... the 2013 ZR1 tops out at $122k ... so the 2014 Z/28 would be around 79 grand.
Agree 100% .... the logic either way reveals the new Z/28 to settle in somewhere around the $70++ish K mark. My aim was to compare the Z/28 to the most expensive Vette.... I think a Vette within ONE year doesn't erode the premise. I think we agree on the justification for a moderately high price on the new Z/28. Final words as well. Thanks for listening. I just basically think there IS and the car will prove to be worth every penny! Wish I had some of them to enjoy.... will likely have to settle for the Stingray however! Need to expand garage!
*007 is offline   Reply With Quote