View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #24
06x6spdGTO

Drives: 06 S/C GTO, 01 H/C/I Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
BINGO....per their advertised warranty.

If you went to a parking lot at Chevy and saw a sign that said "not responsible for theft or damage"...and your window was broken into and sunglasses stolen out of your car...would you expect GM to then pay for your glasses or window? NO

Silly comparison but relatively similar theory.

Don't touch the hot pan...burn yourself and want someone to pay for burn treatment?

Okay, I'm getting stupid... .I feel for the OP...it SUCKS for him but that is their warranty. Simple as that, like it or not. Could they have stepped up and helped with the labor costs, sure. Did they have to legally in any way...NO.

The WORST part of this story IMO is him actually paying for 7 hrs of labor to install the vally plate with gaskets and bolt down the blower...ensure belts are good etc Very simple and a couple hrs tops! ....I'd have told them to go F themselves. I woulda got an up front quote from the shop.
BINGO!?!

More like fail!

Lets put it in Maryland speed terms,

I buy an alternator from autozone with warranty, A shop installs it for 2 hrs labor.. Once installed they fire the car up only to find out the alternator has a bent shaft!!

They call and tell me the BRAND NEW alternator I gave them to put on has a bent shaft and they have removed it for me to return to Autozone.. I take it back to them expecting a FULL refund of their defective POS only to have them give me a center shaft to replace the bent one in my Brand New Unit I purchased 2 months ago...

Now my shop has to spend extra time not only removing and installing 2 alternators but now they get the liberty of replacing the bent shaft too...

Would any of you go to AutoZone and buy an alternator again if that was the case???!?!
06 GTO - Maggie 112H (Stock Pullies), LPE CAI, SLP LMII Catback, suspension and Drivetrain STuff, Monster Stg 3 clutch, ETMC Stg II Cam, 60lb inj, IW 8" Lower, PRC .650 Springs, Trickflow Pushrods, Kooks 1 7/8 LTs, AIS WasherFluid inj, 530whp/537wtq SAE. Self Tuned via HPTpro
01 Z06 - Forged 347ci LS6 - H/C/I 460RWHP / 418 RWTQ (Self TUNED via HPTpro)
06x6spdGTO is offline   Reply With Quote