View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #55
Retro69

Drives: 2011 2SS M6 Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
I would have probably contacted Hennessey first but.........I noticed an oil leak that looked very similar on the floor of my garage to the oil leak that I had fixed last year under a recall warranty for an oil cooler line. I made an appt at the dealership just sure that it was the same thing (because who would have expected the valley to be bad) and after I dropped it off, the called and said that the leak was from the valley cover and they had the supercharger off already and had already contacted Magnuson and Magnuson was sending out the part. At that point I was kinda stuck having them fix it...........That is when I called Magnuson and this all started. Had I had a crystal ball, Im sure it would have gone down differently.
Did you authorize the dealer to do any tear down to find your oil leak? I worked as a tech in Chevy dealerships for ten years and if we had to remove any parts to diagnose an oil leak we had to have authorization from the customer before doing so. Typically the service advisor would get a written authorization for maybe a half an hour's labor to see what's up. If it took more than that to find the problem we had to go back to the customer to authorize more. i.e. "We think the leak might be under the supercharger and will have to remove it to be sure. It'll take xx hours labor / parts to do so."

Unless you did authorized them to go that far seem like the dealer might have overstepped their bounds by doing so. Water under the bridge at this point perhaps but maybe some food for thought going forward.

Comp Cams cam and trunion upgrade
CAI intake, Rotofab washer bottle
Dynatech 1 7/8" long tube headers, hi-flow cats
VMAX CNC Ported TB. Pfadt Performance Kit - Stage 2 ZL-Spec
Ideal Garage clutch master cylinder with remote reservoir
Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote